Aus Ultimate Media Collector (UMC) - Wiki
Which media types are supported
- the Java application is able to scan for movies, music and photos (but music and photos are only supported with basic fetaures -> do not expect too much from it) - this version is supposed to be used with movies and tv shows
Which media types are playable from within the RobG frontend
- VIDEO_TS, BDMV and some ISO's won't be playable (we are waiting for a new firmware version to be able to play this types too). Multipart movies are also a problem at the moment. But we hope to release soon a new version.
Some movies start to stutter during playback
This is a problem of the API (Application Programming Interface) which is used to playback media from within a RobG context (ReVamp skin). Syabas is workign on this API and hopefully in the next firmware releases there will be some improvements (there are already some improvements in the current beta firmware).
Can I use the RobG frontend from a network share?
Generally this is no problem but you shouldn't do this because it is not possible to write to a database located on a share (Samba and SQlite blames each other for this problem). We are working on a workaround! So please start the frontend from an internal drive or a USB device.
I really like the presentation of the ReVamp 2.0 skin but I think I can do it better
Have a look at the Frontend Interface API. The whole functionality you see in the ReVamp implementation is also available to other skinners. We have a central interface which will do all the stuff like database communication and some other cool things.
Is there any documentation for V2.0
No, but we are working on it
I want to develop plugins (gui,scanner, widgets,...) for the UMC Java GUI (to add further functionality), what should I do?
Just under construction but have a look at the Plugin SDK section
I have a problem, what should I do?
- try to find information in this thread or generally the NMT forum - analyse the logfiles UMC will create and try to understand what is happening -> if you find exceptions n the logfile which might cause the problem post this infornmation so we can help you - in this version UMC will run in DEBUG MODE. This means that a lot of information can be found in the logfiles
Is it possible to start a RobG-based frontend from an external Apache server for example?
Due to RobG security issues it seems that it is not possible to start playback (to a interface located on another client/server) from an RobG file hosted on an external server. Maybe we will found some workaround but for the moment we can't do anything (Syabas is informed -> maybe we get some helping information).
I'm using Windows7 and the UMC gui looks weird?
This problem has something to do with Aero and overlays.
Just open the umc.exe properties and disable desktop composition.
Which buttons are used in the frontend?
Press the home button on the remote control and you will get help.
I want to change the view in the frontend, how does it work?
Click the green button on the movie or series index page.
The frontend doesn't start (XML Error or something else)?
Please check the rights from the start_apache.cgi and interface.cgi and set it to "777".
I'm getting errors while trying to start the UMC frontend from a USB device
It seems that this is some kind of rightmanagement issue. This also happens not for all users. Maybe it's OS dependent. If you have installed the apps on the NMT connect via FTP to your USB device and set the rights for the two cgi files (in the subdirectory cgi) to 777.
I'm getting Java heap space errors
Edit umc.sh (if you are running on Mac or Linux) and change the value -Xmx512m to increase memory size
I'm getting MediaInfo permission errors while running UMC on a Mac
chmod a+x on the file 'mediainfo' in the directory tools/mac
TV Show scanning priority
Here's a description about the TV-show-strategy:
The TV-show-scanner tries to determine the name of the tv show in this order:
1. Contains the path to the tv-show-file the pattern "[Series]"? If yes, the name of the tv-show is the part left of [Series].
Example: .../The Simpsons[Series]/bla/blub/onefile.avi
2. There's a directory starting with the pattern "Season", "Staffel" or "Special" --> The name of the TV show is the name of the folder above the Season-folder!
Example: .../The Simpsons/Season 1/blub/onefile.avi
3. There's a Seriespatter in the filename (SxxExx or SxE). If there's sometingh in front of this pattern --> This is the tv-show-name.
4. If no above case matches, UMC will use the folder above the file as the filename.
Beispiel: .../Serien/The Simpsons/S01E01.avi
In every of these examples UMC will extract the TV-show-name "The Simpsons"!
TV shows can use the pattern SxxExx and in other variations, S01E01, S1E1, S01E01E02E03, S01E01S02E01 is both possible, too.
The SxEE pattern is possible, too, in comparison to the above example: 01x01, 1x1, 01x01x02x03 (but only one season per file!)
How can I lock/unlock one movie?
Go to the manage area and select the movie section. Now select the desired movie from the tree, right-click,choose 'Tag as' and select lock or unlock.
How can I lock/unlock multiple movies?
Go to the manage area and select the movie section. Now hold down the CTRL key and select the desired movies from the tree while left-clicking on them. If you have selected all desired movies right-click on them,choose 'Tag as' and select lock or unlock.
How can I lock/unlock all movies?
Go to the manage area and select the movie section. Now select the root node of the tree 'Movies', right-click,choose 'Tag as' and select lock or unlock.