Step By Step Guide
Aus Ultimate Media Collector (UMC) - Wiki
Do not forget that the current version 2.0 is not a final version!
It is possible that some features described in this wiki are currently not really available or contain bugs.
- download the latest version from here
- extract the package to any desired directory
IMPORTANT: you need to download also the skin "ReVamp 2.0" separately because it is not included in the UMC package. Just start UMC and have a look under Config->Updates.
In the lower table you will find an entry "ReVamp 2.0". Just select this entry and click on the button "Install". Wait until the skin has been downloaded and installed before
you proceed with any further steps!!!
- Windows: start the application with umc.exe or in case of any problem with umc_alternative.exe
- Mac: start the application with sh umc.sh
- Linux: start the application with sh umc.sh
=> use "umc.exe -help" under Windows or "sh umc.sh -help" under any Unix operating system to check for available start options or:
|GUI Mode||umc.exe or umc.exe -gui||sh umc.sh or sh umc.sh -gui||sh umc.sh or sh umc.sh -gui|
|Console Mode||umc.exe -console||sh umc.sh -console||sh umc.sh -console|
|Daemon Mode||umc.exe -daemon||sh umc.sh -daemon||sh umc.sh -daemon|
|GUI & Debug Mode||umc.exe -debug||sh umc.sh -debug||sh umc.sh -debug|
|Console & Debug Mode||umc.exe -console -debug||sh umc.sh -console -debug||sh umc.sh -console -debug|
before you can start to scan your media it is necessary to configure UMC to match your needs.
- if you are a experienced user select the tab Config or select from the menu Edit->Config
- if you are new to UMC simply start the wizard while selecting Project->New from the menu or just hit the 'New Project' button on the main page. The wizard will generate a basic UMC configuration. Remember that there are much more options to explore in the Config area of UMC. You can simply extend the configuration created by the wizard.
- Name = The name to be used for the configuration
- Description = The description to be used for the configuration.
- NMT = Select the NMT model for which you are going to generate the frontend.
- Scan Report = If selected a PDF scan report will be generated. It can be found after the scan under [TODO].
- BackgroundWorker = Define how much backgroundworker should be used for the scan process.
- Trailer = If a trailer is defined it will be played before each movie in the frontend.
- Pattern = Here you can define some important patterns which are used by the UMC scanner to categorize your media and fanart.
- Pattern [Cover] = Used to recognize local cover images.
- Pattern [Backdrop] = Used to recognize local backdrop images.
- Pattern [Banner] = Used to recognize local banner images.
- Pattern [Multipart] = Used to recognize parts of a multipart movie.
- Pattern [Ignore] = Used to recognize media which will be disregarded by the UMC scanner.
- Pattern [Series] = Used to recognize series episodes.
- Proxy [activated] = Select to use a proxy.
- Proxy [Host] = The proxy host.
- Proxy [Port] = The proxy port.
- Proxy [User] = The proxy user.
- Proxy [Password] = The proxy password.
This section is used to configure the generated UMC frontend. You can select for example between different skins.
- Create in = The directory where the frontend should be generated. Leave empty to let UMC create the frontend in the applicationfolder under UMC.
- Access from NMT = The NMT path used by the NMT to access the frontend. LEAVE EMPTY if you are going to generate a RobG frontend! [ONLY NEEDED FOR PHP SKINS]
- Apache Frontend = Select this checkbox if you would like to generate an Apache compatible frontend. [ONLY NEEDED FOR PHP SKINS]
- Auto-mount = Use auto-mount in frontend. [IS NOT USED AT THE MOMENT]
- Entry Point = If you wish to jump directly into one special section of the frontend. [NOT AVAILABLE FOR ReVamp 2.0]
- Quickfilter = Content for the quickfilter.
- Skins = Select one or more available skins to be generated. Skins can be downloaded from the UMC wiki or under Config->Updates. [AT THE MOMENT THERE IS ONLY ReVamp 2.0 AVAILABLE FOR UMC V2.0]
- RSS = Add or remove rss feeds which will available in the frontend.
- VDR = Add or remove VDR channel links which will available in the frontend. [NOT USED AT THE MOMENT in ReVamp 2.0]
- Video = Define all the filetypes which should be recognized by the UMC scanner while scanning for movies. Add new filetypes if you are missing some.
- Music = Define all the filetypes which should be recognized by the UMC scanner while scanning for music. Add new filetypes if you are missing some.
- Picture = Define all the filetypes which should be recognized by the UMC scanner while scanning for images. Add new filetypes if you are missing some.
- Blacklist = In this list you can define keywords which should be filtered by the UMC blacklist mechanism. Click the + button to add a new keyword or select one ore mutliptle keyword and press the - button to remove them from the list
- Test = Here you can quickly test the blacklist which ist defined in the Blacklist panel on the left. Simply drag and drop one file to the textfield and press the button Test
Add 1-n libraries to be used to scan for media files.
- Tree + button = Used to add new directories/libraries to the configuration
- Tree - button = Used to delete/remove previously added directories/libraries
- Tree Refresh button = Used to refresh the content of the library tree
- Active =
- Name = The name of this library
- Description = The description of this library
- Scan Dir = The library path on your pc,mac,nas,usb,.... to be scanned
- Include subdirs = Check to scan recursive for all files in this directory
it is not necessary to set the correct NMT path for the selected library path. The UMC frontend will check on every start if there are any defined libraries without a corresponding NMT path. If so the so called "UMC NMT Pathfinder" will try to find the correct NMT paths automatically.
ATTENTION: it seems that the pathfinder has still some problems with certain situations to find the correct NMT paths (we are still investigating that issue). You can still try to let the NMT path empty but if it fails, please add the correct NMT path else you won't be able to start any movie in the frontend.
- First dropdown = select between HDD, USB or NET
- Second dropdown = will be filled according to the selected value in the first dropdown
- Textfield = the rest of the path
- Disabled field = will show the constructed nmt path based on the information from the previous three fields
- Checkbox 'Combine content to group' = select a subdirectory of the library in tree on the left and enable this checkbox to combine the content of this subdirectory to a movie group (all movies in this directory will be grouped)
- Checkbox 'Include subdirs' = enable to recursively scan the previously selected group subdirectory for movies (all found movies will be added to the group defined by the group subdirectory)
- List 'Available Genre' = select 1-n genre from this list to be assigned to the library. Each found movie in this library will be assigned the selected genre(s)
- List 'Assigned Genre' = shows all selected genre which should be assigned to movies found in the library
- Enable fanart download = Select to enable fanart download for every found movie in the library
- Enable mediainfo = Select to enable MediaInfo processing for each fund movie in the library
- Enable online movie info = f selected for each found movie, information like plot,ratings,... will be collected from online resources
- Enable online person info = If selected for each found person from a movie, additional information like biography,filmography,.. will be collected from online resources
Here you can decide which plugins should be used.
Select the languages and the appropriate plugins that should be used for language depended information which will be collected for each movie during the scanning process.
[NOT AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT]
Here you will find a overview of all installed UMC components (Plugins,Widgets,..) as well information about not yet installed components. You can update existing components or install new ones.
if you think you have configured everything you can start to scan your media libraries.
Just hit the second button on the main page (with the magnifying glass) or select from the menu Project->Scan
As soon as the scan process starts you will be redirected to the scanning page where you will find some information about found media and so on (but do not depend 100% at the shown information->under construction).
As soon as the scan has finished you will hopefully find in your UMC application directory a subdirectory called "UMC" (or if you configured UMC to create the frontend in another folder just look there).
Now copy this folder to an internal drive of your C-200/A-200 or onto a USB device and connect it to your NMT. Navigate now to this folder and start the frontend while selecting the file umc.phf